Skid Steer Rental Winston Salem, NC
Myers Heavy Equipment in Winston-Salem, NC, offers a selection of tracked and wheeled skid steers. A skid steer loader is a good option when you need a flexible piece of equipment to perform various construction jobs. These loaders are easy to use and can perform multiple tasks, including moving soil and loading products.
What Is A Skid Steer Used For?
A skid steer is a compact, engine-powered machine with raised arms that connect to buckets and other labor-saving accessories. Its primary purpose is digging. It is small and maneuverable, and operators can attach its components to various equipment for construction and landscaping jobs.
How Much Does A Skid Steer Cost?
- A new little Bobcat skid steer can cost as low as $12,000, while the most expensive class can cost $60,000 and upwards.
- A 1,500-pound capacity Bobcat skid steer costs between $15,000 and $20,000 on average.
- A 2,000-pound capacity Bobcat skid steer (still considered ordinary) might cost up to $30,000.
- A 3,000-pound capacity or more excellent Bobcat skid steer will set you back at least $40,000.
The skid steer is divided into three categories:
- Small Skid Steer Loaders
Smaller skid steers loaders are those with under 50 horsepower and 1,750 pounds (793.787 kg). You will often find these skid steers in landscaping and underground building projects.
- Medium Skid Steer Loaders
Medium skid steer loaders are those with 50-70 horsepower and 1,750-2,200 pounds (793.787-997.903 kg). This weight class of machines is best suited for operations that require more power and a larger bucket size while operating in a confined space.
- Large Skid Steer Loaders
Large skid steer loaders are those with over 2,200 pounds (997.903 kg) of torque and over 70 horsepower.
These loaders are ideal for lifting oversized pallets (like bricks) or dumping dirt loads into vehicles. The increased power will typically improve the performance of your attachments, and specific extensions will not operate in the lower weight classes.
Advantages Skid Steers
Renting a skid steer loader is practical and smart when planning a new construction project. You will also enjoy benefits like:
- Versatility: A skid steer is suitable for many applications such as moving soil, carrying commodities, and even demolishing structures.
- Easy to operate: You only need a little background experience operating heavy machinery to use one of these loaders. They come with basic loader training plus essential safety gear, including safety harnesses, hard helmets, and goggles.
- Pairs well with Other Machines: A skid steer loaderpairs well with other machines like mini excavators, scissor lifts, forklifts, and dozers. Such pairings help to improve work efficiency. It enables you to assign specific tasks to specific machines.
- Affordable: It will cost you less to rent a skid steer loader than buy one. We provide a broad range of affordable models and sizes to match your needs.
- Safety: Our fleet of skid-steer loaders undergoes regular examinations to confirm that they are in good operating state to prevent safety issues. We also provide instructions to secure your safety further.
Call For Skid Steer Rentals
Ready to start your construction project? Myers Heavy Equipment has a selection of skid steers at your disposal. Visit us in Winston Salem, NC, or as people like to call it, ‘The Twin City;’ You can enjoy a day trip to Old Salem while we process your equipment rental order.